

The last couple of days have been horrible, because sometimes I literally think that I can feel Baby Nicolas growing. He's also been stretching and having karate and soccer tournaments at all hours during the day and night. Having him stretch was the weirdest sensation yet! When Alex was home from lunch today he actually got to feel and see Nic kicking and punching. It was so cool and yet very painful by the end of the constant ten minutes of it!
Tonight I hadn't even eaten and it felt like my stomach was protruding just as much as the baby because it had no where else to go! Its like a hard lump at the base of my ribs that makes it very hard to bend over and breathe.
We have decided to name the baby Nicolas, but haven't settled on a middle name that we both agree on all the time. I like Alex's Grandfather's name and he likes my Grandfather's name, and then we keep adding others to the mix when we aren't satisfied. We are spelling Nicolas the Brazilian/French/ Spanish way instead of the American Nicholas, which has that mysterious H that often gets treated like the poor Appendix.
We have been calling him Nicolas for the last week and he seems to respond to it well, or maybe all that kicking and punching is complete dislike to his name? He likes to hear his Daddy talk to him, except when Alex uses my belly button as some sort of weird megaphone, and always seems to move when we are hanging out on the couch relaxing. The ultrasound shows him getting the hiccups and not being very happy about it, which is just too cute. I just can't wait for him to get here so we can hold him and see his little personality blossom.
1 comment:
I love feeling them move. It's the best! But wait until the end, then it's really painful!
Post a Comment