Alex and I have been officially married 365 days! And they have been the most wonderful days of our lives so far. Neither of us can believe that the year has passed so quickly and we're hoping that the coming year isn't so fast. We sat at dinner tonight reminiscing about our top 5 favorite days together, which was a nice little reminder of everything we've done and been through this last year. I can't wait to be his wife for the next 70 years!!!
We also had a midwife visit today where we got to talk about my eating habits. It went better than expected because I lied a little and said that I eat more fruits and veggies than I really do and didn't write down all of the sweets. But my daily protein consumption is good and she's was happy with the rest of it. Nic was once again too active to hear his heartbeat for very long, but we did listen to the blood rushing through the cord which was really cool.
Nic also decided to start kicking hard enough to make my entire belly move and literally almost kicked my cell phone off of it this afternoon. He's been really active the last few weeks and I'm getting more an more excited to have him here with us outside of the womb. On Christmas Eve night the electricity went out for about an hour and as we were all sitting around on the couch trying to keep warm, we decided to put one of the flashlights up against my belly. BOY, was I sorry!! Nic rammed himself into the other side of my belly trying to get away from the light and I was sore until the next day!! I felt horrible...I thought it would be fun, but then afterwards I felt like I had harmed him or put him into dangers way. My mothering instincts definitely kicked it right then!
No comments:
Post a Comment