Our American Boy!!
This is the first year that Alex and I had no plans for the Fourth of July, so we decided to find something to do. We had high hopes for the Meridian 4th celebration at a local park, but it ended up being really windy and cold and more like a, "come to the park and BBQ with your family" day. We weren't impressed and decided to leave after I sat in the sun with a blanket and was still freezing!
To get out of the sun and the wind, and not knowing where else to go, we went to the mall. We've become those people that walk around the mall and window shop! But after passing a Mastercuts, I decided I was finally going to cut my hair. I've been talking about it for weeks now, and finally got up the courage today...mostly because it has all decided to fall out and has been clogging the shower drain, the dryer vent and getting all over myself, Nicolas, and even Alex. Some mornings I wake up, look at my pillow and think that I must have bald spots! So now it will probably continue to fall out, but at least the strands will be a lot shorter!
To end our less than inspiring 4th, we watched the fireworks on TV and although there are fireworks going off all around our house, we haven't really seen much!
Deerfield Beach, July 4 2008
James, Lillian, and us at Mizner Park
Miss you guys, wish you could be here with us!!

No comments:
Post a Comment