We had another appointment with the midwife yesterday. Everything looks great...Nicolas is measuring between 34 and 35 weeks and his heart rate was 140. And she also said that the birthday window could open within 3 1/2 weeks!! She also did a through check up on me...listened to my heart and lungs, pounded on my kidneys, looked at my ears and eyes, etc. The appointments are a little boring since I've had such a normal pregnancy! Nothing new ever happens and I always forget the questions I want to ask...and of course I remember them five minutes after we leave.
This week is pretty busy for Alex and I. He's busy trying to finish up his first big assignment at work, which is behind schedule because Alex has had to wait for another guy to finish his part of the project before he could even start. I know these are the times when Alex really hates having to work as part of a team...it just kills him to be behind schedule!
We also have our fourth birth class tonight. Alex has been so interested and is learning a lot. I, on the other hand, am having a little trouble following the instructor, she's a bit ADD and never quite finishes a sentence! We are bringing snacks this week so I've been baking and cleaning today. The nesting instinct hit hard this morning and I even decided to wash the baseboards in the bathroom and wash our bed pillows (the actual pillows...not just the covers)!!
Tomorrow I'm going to Wingtip Press for my second round of printing for the "Leftovers" print exchange that I am a part of this month. It's been great to get back to printing after such a long time, but it is a lot of work at 8 months pregnant!! By the end of the day I was wishing that I had a printing assistant to wipe my plate for me.
We also have a breastfeeding class on Thursday evening and my sister and mom are putting on a baby shower for me this weekend while we're in Carey. I'm pretty sure this is going to be the last time that we will be travelling to Carey, or anywhere else, because sitting in the car is getting harder and harder. Nicolas likes warming his little feet on my stomach and is making it almost impossible to sit straight-up most days. Plus there just aren't enough bathroom stops in Southern Idaho!!!
We've been waiting for a package from our family in Brazil the last week or so, and it finally arrived today. It was a huge box and got us really excited to open it! There were lots and lots of cute clothes and things for Nicolas from his Auntie Daiana and Auntie Nina, books on how to speak Portuguese for me, and a mate tea set for Alex. We love all of it!!
1 comment:
Nós ficamos muito felizes que vocês gostaram dos presentes. Alex, você tem que tomar o mate e ensinar seu filho a gostar !
Kisses
Post a Comment