Nicolas' head-to-bottom length is about 9 inches this week. His weight has increased to around 1.5 pounds and he's putting on lots of baby fat, which is why I'm blaming all my recent weight gain on him! I went through my entire first 4 months slowly putting on one pound one week and maybe a half a pound two weeks later, but now its like WOW! I'm so not used to this, and having been an overweight teenager, the weight gain is a little hard to handle after all my years of hard work to get down to a size 8 wedding gown!!! I don't mind my belly growing, as long as the stretch marks stay away, but its the fact that I went to put on some pajama shorts that used to be too big for me and now I can barely fit my thighs into them a couple of weeks ago! But I'm glad that my baby is healthy and growing and everything seems to be working out wonderfully.Speaking of working out, I think its time for me to rethink my non-existent gym membership! I got trouble walking up a flight of stairs at the mall the other night while shopping with Alex and Mandie. And granted, I was absolutely stuffed from dinner, but it was a little sad! I need to kick it into high gear before this little one decides to make his debut into the world and poor mommy doesn't have the stamina to make it through the first hour of labor! :)
We hit a 25 cent sale at one of the second hand baby stores yesterday and got some great clothes. I can't wait till they start putting out the summer things, because poor little Nic is in need of shorts! We walked through BabyGap, and I found these:

My son would make a good looking pirate!
We also checked out the furniture selection at Kidz Again, and we were so blessed to have the exact changing table we've been looking for walk in right behind us!! I don't know why companies think we want to pay $300 for a changing table, but I knew that we were never going to be able to afford the ones we wanted. Thankfully I have a husband who is an experienced re-painter and he's spent the morning making our new, second-hand changing table beautiful again! We also found a very clean, working Fisher Price Rainforest play mat, that Alex and I are both very jealous of!


1 comment:
Nic will be a very cute pirate and I am sure that Aunt Mandie will soo go to baby gap and make sure he has everything he needs to be a good pirate.....
Post a Comment