Tuesday, October 27, 2009

14 weeks




I'm so excited to actually start being pregnant rather than just tired and sick all the time! My belly seems to be growing in overdrive now, from Sunday to Monday was a huge noticeable grow that was totally unexpected. And I also realized that I'm almost half way through my pregnancy!! Isn't that totally weird? I understand now why women get stretch marks--because your belly grows from nothing to huge in such a fast time!

I've also finally started to gain a little weight, much to Alex's relief. He tried to get me in trouble at my check-up last week and tell the midwife that all I ate was french fries and that's probably the reason I wasn't gaining any weight. She assured him that once I stopped feeling gross all the time, that we could focus on a more well rounded eating plan and it would be okay. Poor Alex has so much of his Grandma Zilda in him, that I'm sure if the baby doesn't come out being ten pounds and all round and chubby he'll think I've failed in some way! :)

I've been staying at home since we moved to Idaho, but I can tell that the second trimester has begun because I'm itching to get out of the house. But with only one car, no money, and no good reason, it has been hard to find the motivation to go anywhere.

We carved pumpkins the other day...this was Alex's first time ever carving pumpkins! They don't celebrate Halloween in Brazil because seasons are reversed and it would be a little weird to celebrate a holiday so ingrained in fall during the middle of spring. We even bought a couple of bags of candy just in case some kiddos come knocking on the door.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know all you have to do is call...we could start planning weekly trips out of the house!

Mindy said...

That's great that the end of the sickness and lack of energy is in sight. Isn't it crazy how sometimes it seems time drags on and other times you realize just how far you've made it. Hooray for making it to the 2nd trimester! You'll have to post a picture of the baby bump before too long. :-)

Amber Sycz Photography said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Enjoy every minute of your pregnancy and your special time with your growing baby! I wish you guys the best!

Anonymous said...

Hello pretty couple!!!!! I noticed that your belly is getting bigger and bigger very fast! o my God... we are so excited for you... we want to congratulate both of you for this gift. Take care and send hello to your family. Please let us know wahts happening over there.... kisses, li and james