Well, we made our first big purchase of the wedding today! (I bought my dress on store credit and Alex bought the rings so they don't really count) I've been working with a designer at Lush Paper & Gifts in Boca Raton to create invitations that go along with our colors, theme, and of course pass the approval of my toughest critic---MYSELF. I feel really horrible that I have my BFA in Printmaking and that Alex can work magic on Photoshop, and we aren't creating our own invites! Of course, I'm drawn to the handprinted letterpress invitations that are all the rage right now...but I'd have to sell my first born child to be able to afford them!!
I finally settled on one called "Johanna and Ethan" from Envelopments that are a pocket fold so there is room to include the DVD that Alex is making and fun little RSVP postcards, so we can save on postage (what a killer)!!
The other big update in our life is that Alex is moving into a new apartment this week. We got a great deal on a newly remodeled one in a nicer neighborhood (my main concern was not having a drug dealer for a neighbor)! I'm super happy that we'll have our own space and veg out on Friday nights and to cook meals for eachother! Plus a big blessing is that it is furnished!! We'll post pictures later once everything is settled and it looks as if someone actually lives there.
We hope everyone's Christmas season is wonderful and filled with love and blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment