Monday, December 22, 2008

I'll be home for Christmas, even if it's just in my dreams

Alex and I celebrated our six month anniversary the other night, but with so much going on in our lives we didn't have the energy to plan anything special. We have been busy getting ready for our trip to Idaho (worrying that we may just not get there with all this snow), moving him into his new apartment, and dealing with all the stress that planning a wedding can hand you. I'm almost at that point where I'm wondering if all the stress is worth the big wedding...I'm almost ready to vote for a small ceremony and a BBQ in my parents' backyard!
I was so excited that our invitations were going to go smoothly and that everything was under control and then we got an email from the designer telling us she couldn't download all the images we wanted. She'd improvised with what she had, and it was at this time that I realized that Alex and I were going to have to step in with our design skills. So this weekend we spent some time at the beach (hehe yes I was sun bathing the week before Christmas!) and I hand-drew the graphics. Later that night Alex converted them to vectors in Photoshop, cleaned up all the lines and such, and sent them on their way! Hopefully this will be the last hiccup in the invitations and they will be waiting for us to put together after we get home from Idaho.
Alex's new place is wonderful! We went grocery shopping and made our first meal together in "our kitchen". It was so nice not to have to use anybody else's dishes and have to worry about ruining anything in their kitchen. Of course, I realized halfway through preparing that we didn't have essential things like a knife or cooking oil!!! And let me tell you...butter knifes are useless on raw chicken and water cannot replace oil! Alex isn't yet living there, but we have been approved to move in after we attend a meeting with the management on Tuesday night.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Have fun in snowy Idaho! We'll miss it it this year. we'll be in snowy Michigan instead since it's too close to baby time. Tiff, I hope you and your man have an awesome Christmas and I wish you all the joy in the world!

Nilsens said...

Tiffany you look and sound fab-u-lous! Congratulations with Alex, he sounds amazing. I'm so happy for you. You are seriously one of the most creative people I know. Ok, back to reading more on your blog because I have a lot of catching up to do...