Friday, October 3, 2008

Dresses

I just checked my email and got all excited because there was one from David's Bridal telling me that my special order was in...and then my hopes where crushed! It is only my slips that are in and not the dress. I really want it to come in soon so I can go try on veils. The appointment I had when I bought it was a horrible experience and I really need to go have a good one so I get excited about the dress I bought. And I really need to go with someone else...I advise anybody thinking about trying on wedding dresses to ALWAYS take someone else with you to tell you how great you look and take pictures and make sure that you aren't getting talked into anything you don't want.
Here's some pictures of the dresses I didn't buy!

Lillian and I looking beautiful!!! This one was covered in the beautiful lace, which made it weigh so much. I didn't feel like I could even walk down the aisle, let alone wear it all day and dance in it. I would have probably gotten a good work out during the day though. And the train was gorgeous.

Here's the first one I tried on. I had to go back to it a few times trying to figure out if I liked it so much because it was the first or because it was my favorite. In the end nobody liked it as much as I did and I look back now and wonder I even like it...UGLY! And it does nothing for my body!

This dress was horrible also...but for some reason we ended up taking a lot of funny pictures in it. And yes, Alex came to my first dress appointment because at that time we weren't even talking about getting married and I was only there supporting my friend, Lillian. He was a big help, though, in my decision making for the final dress...I know he'll love it!

I would have bought this dress if the people at Alfred Angelo hadn't been such jerks!!

Ah...the traditional tiara and veil...I'm going to have to really think about what I want in this department. You know me, I can't be wearing what everyone else is!!

1 comment:

GatesGang said...

awwww you look great in the dresses i loved going dress shopping. i went with my mom and we had a lot of fun together and tried on tons of dresses. i bet you picked out an awesome dress