At first Alex and I had been thinking of a wedding in Boise...somewhere like The Waterfront which has an amphitheater over looking a lake...but I think we've been convinced to hold it in the Wood River Valley. Sounds good, but here are some of my stipulations:
1. I want an indoor venue to have the reception...not that it would all be indoors, but a place for the food, cake, etc. to be kept indoors with plenty of room for people to be indoors if they'd like. And as I've said before, it would be nice to have something rustic...if we're doing this in Idaho, we might as well show people the true beauty of the place!
2. I'd feel bad having the reception at someone's house where the only bathrooms were in their house, and I WILL NOT have port-a-potties at my wedding!!!! I, myself, would rather pee my pants than use one of those things so I can only imagine being dressed nicely for a wedding and having to use one!
3. I MUST have an excellent photographer! I found one who is based in Boise who I really enjoy www.ashkiphoto.com
4. Alex really wants a water feature! He can't quit talking about The Waterfront in Boise because it has a lake. This is a little difficult in high-altitude desert Southern Idaho, but I'm sure we can find somewhere with a nice view to hold the ceremony. I figure, too, that an outdoor ceremony might mean less decorating!
I can already envision myself becoming Bridezilla so here is my cry for help before it all begins....Maybe I should wear a sign ala "28 Days". I know there are many of you out there who have many special talents and are willing to help us make this dream wedding a reality, so please butt your way into my planning if you'd like to help! Remind me that I don't need to do it all myself!!! :)
3 comments:
ok, yet another tip(you asked so here goes) there is a place just south of Bellevue that I heard of that has a small pond and the grounds are absolutley BEAUTIFUL. My friends husband was in a wedding there this summer. I will get more info for you on the name and everything so that you can look into it a little more.
Did you get the pictures of Tom and Sharon's. They have the pond and it's gorgeous with all the trees and stuff and very secluded....
Congratulations Tiffany! I'm glad to see that you are doing well. Good luck with the wedding plans! I seriously don't have any tips or suggestions whatsoever. When's the date?
Post a Comment