Tomorrow is the start of week 29 and Nicolas has been very, very active recently. He decided this morning to dance, rather than punch and kick, moving my entire body for about 5 minutes. Thankfully I was on the couch, or I just might have lost my balance! He also has been having fun punching my right hip, which I have to say is probably better than all the stories I've heard about babies hanging onto your ribs or compacting your lungs.
Nic is supposed to be 2 1/2 pounds and around 15 to 17 inches from head to feet this week. And I've really been craving cheese as he absorbs more and more calcium to build up his bones. His brain is in development overdrive, so I've been faithfully taking my fish and flaxseed oils to help him along.
My sleeping situation has come to a point where I want to sleep all day and stay up all night! Alex hates this because I usually end up on the couch wide awake watching TV or reading a book while he sleeps. And if I don't leave the bed, neither one of us feels great in the morning. So this very morning I decided to wake up with Alex and not let myself nap all day on the couch. I made him breakfast before he left for work and started laundry. I also worked on some YoYos for my Etsy shop, BLUE TIGER PRINTS, and read from my newest favorite book, Ina May's Guide to Childbirth.
By the way, my Etsy shop is doing great! I have some faithful buyers and lots of interest in my products. Right now, there's nothing there for sale, but I'm going to be posting things later today. I've burnt out a little, but I've decided to keep going to make some money for nursing clothes.
We have our photography session this weekend. I'm glad to be getting it done because I think I have a few stretch marks ready to pop up very soon. My belly button also looks very bruised right now and is very tender...I fear that it may just rip right open one of these days! Of course, I've always been excited that pregnancy would give me a chance to finally have an outie belly button, but I haven't gotten my wish yet and I don't think its going to happen! Plus, while trying to decide what to bring to the session, I ran into the pitfall of being a girl... I HAVE NOTHING TO WEAR!! I spend most of my days in the house in PJ or yoga pants and Alex's shirts! That's not very cute. And most of the preggie stuff I have makes me feel PREGNANT not cute!! :) Oh well!
1 comment:
Aww, you look great. As for nursing clothes, you should get a belly band and some nursing tanks, and some nursing bras, and you'll be set. Just wear those under your clothes and you can buy normal clothes and just lift to feed. The belly band will keep your belly and back covered. Grappling with a nursing shirt, plus a nursing bra, with one hand, while baby fusses hungry and impatient, is not very fun! Much faster to just have a shirt to lift and one thing to unfasten. Sounds like you are doing fantastic, I'm excited for you. You have a good long torso, it's us short people who get baby's foot in the lungs and indigestion from the dark side! Hope the next ten weeks goes by smoothly!
Post a Comment