Alex and I have recently been dealing with our Health Insurance, and BOY, it hasn't been fun!! I won't get into the reasons why we suddenly lost our insurance at the beginning of the year, but let's just say it was unexpected and couldn't have come at a worse time. The enrollment period for health insurance at the company that Alex works for in Idaho had just closed when we found out that his Florida company had already done the paperwork (without informing us) to terminate. So we were scrambling around, looking at all the options, and ended up spending lots of days in tears as we tried to figure out what we were going to do. Although is wasn't great insurance to begin with, it was our backup plan if anything was going to happen during Nic's birth...and although I have faith that nothing bad is going to happen, I didn't want to find ourselves in the situation where we have mounds of debt from hospital bills we were never going to be able to afford.
Getting new insurance, after we stopped waiting for the required COBRA information that by federal law was supposed to be sent to us, ended up not being a big problem since Alex's new company is so amazing! There are great people that work there that have no idea who we are, but really, genuinely want to help with anything they can. Instead of pretending like they knew what they were talking about, they would transfer you to another person who actually had the answers!! I'm just so thankful for them!
So, I ended up being able to get new insurance with Alex's company...the only problem that brought, was our deductible was so low that Alex all the sudden started thinking we should go to the hospital instead of Treasure Valley Midwives. Thankfully, after a lot of intense research, crunching numbers and truly doing what we thought was best for our child, we decided to stick with a midwife birth. I really hate the thought that we live in a time and a world, where we almost let our decisions be based on money, rather than our beliefs and health! But that's the sad reality!
Okay, okay, okay...enough about insurance!
I have begun to feel very crowded recently, and yet Nicolas still thinks that he has room to lay sideways and stretch both his legs and arms at the same time. He's also getting very heavy at times and really beginning to push down on my bladder and pelvic bones.
A friend of Alex's from work introduced us to a photographer looking for pregnant models, and we've scheduled a shoot with her next weekend. I'm so excited to get dolled up and I'm hoping I feel pretty that day!! :)
I'm going to a women's conference this weekend with my mom and sisters and then a Family Life Marriage Conference with Alex in two weeks. All I can think about is why I've signed up to having to sit still for hours long stretches at a time during one of the most uncomfortable times in my life? :)
1 comment:
Ohh, so glad the insurance worked out! I'm excited for the photo shoot, I can't wait!
Post a Comment