Here are some beautiful photos to start off the day...for so long I've loved bird nests and robin eggs...I'm so glad that we've decided to go with the bird theme and the colors for the reception! It's going to be perfect!!!


I've decided to make a wedding quilt by myself and of course...I've picked something very time consuming and hard! This is a photo I found on Sunshine's Creations blog of a yo-yo quilt she'd done. At first I was going to make a traditional yo-yo quilt where you sew all the yo-yo's together but I love the more modern look of this one! I'm already working on my yo-yo's...I've got about forty done so far. Plus I got to teach a little girl who's five to sew the other day when she saw me working on them...I felt so proud to pass on something that my great-grandma Alta Maye Barratt had given to me so many years ago!

Found cute invitations the other day and I figured out how to make them myself. I've got the template...now we just need to figure out what size they are going to be and start looking for paper...lots and lots of paper!!!

You gotta love Etsy finds...these love birds are from Urchin Circus. I'd never buy them, though, because they look very easy to make. I keep thinking about favor ideas...I don't want to be to cheesy and do nests with Jordan almonds...how many times has that been done? So maybe something more like this? Or how about cans of Guaraná Antarctica...my favorite Brazilian drink with pretty handprinted lovebird tags? Ugh...so many choices...I'm so glad that the wedding is 275 days away and I still have time to vacillate about all these choices!

One of my favorite wedding blogs is Snippet & Ink, she always has fun inspiration boards. Today I looked through all her "blue" boards and found some more inspiration. I now know why people can spend so much on their weddings...I have so many ideas of things I want to do and it could get really expensive very quickly!

P.S....see the chocolate eggs above...you know how they are made? Inside real egg shells!!! Aren't you glad that I'm not going to make you all come over to my house a week before the wedding to help me make 300 of those for favors? :)
1 comment:
FYI- I will not wear blue taffeta in my hair like the girl in the picture above. Just thought you should know that now
Post a Comment